Summer 2017 9-Week Class Term begins June 19th!
*Space is limited, so early registration is recommended.
- Register online via Class Payment page or call the studio
- Meet weekly for 9 weeks (last class is 8/19)
- Cost is $315
- Cost includes clay, glazes, project storage*, open studio practice time**
- Missed classes may be made up WITHIN the term (must arrange w/teacher).
NO EXCEPTIONS. NO REFUNDS after class begins.
- Firing fees are 6-cents/cubic inch
- Bring your own tools or purchase a basic set at the studio for $15
- Wear appropriate clothing, bring apron. Clay is messy!
- Bring a TOWEL, please!!!
Wheel Throwing and Hand-building (all levels)
Working with clay offers an endless range of possibilities. Learn wheel throwing and handbuilding in our classes. Students create simple and complex ceramic forms, including pinch, slab, coil, sculpting/modeling. Various throwing projects, glazing and surface techniques will be explored. Students will learn to use studio equipment including the slab roller, extruder and wheel to make mugs, bowls, plates, teapots and more! A small group size ensures individual guidance.
- Mondays, 7:00pm-9:00pm (handbuilding & wheel) - 8-week, 6/19-8/14
- Tuesdays, 1:30pm-3:30pm (wheel & handbuilding) - 8-week, 6/20-8/15
- Tuesdays, 6:30pm-8:30pm (handbuilding & wheel) - 8-week, 6/20-8/15
- Wednesdays, 7pm-9pm (wheel) - 8-week, 6/21-8/16
- Thursdays, 12-2pm (handbuilding & wheel) - 8-week, 6/22-8/17
- Fridays, 7pm-9pm (Clay Soirée) - see page for dates - *not a series class, once monthly/3rd Fridays
- Saturdays, 10:30am-12:30pm (wheel) - 8-week, 6/24-8/19
- Sundays, 12-4pm (Pottery 101) - see page for dates - 1-Day, 4-hour class - *not a series class, once monthly/3rd Sundays
- Sundays, (Tile Painting), 12-4pm - *not a series class, once monthly/1st Sundays)
When registering for a pottery class, please choose the class day and time that best fits your schedule for the entire session. *We will be adding classes to our schedule as the studio grows, so please check back often.
*Studio class shelf storage is available for projects only, not for towels, tools, clothing or other personal items. Space is at a premium.
**Open Studio practice time between sessions is available only to students pre-registered for the upcoming term or up-to-date monthly members (experienced potters only).
Current firing fees for enrolled adult students are 6-cents/cubic inch and cover bisque AND glaze firing, plus all materials EXCEPT underglazes, which are an additional charge (when used) of $1.00/piece.
Want to try one class? Please call to see if there is room. Trial Rate is $60.
For all classes, please make sure to bring:
- An apron (or wear clothing you don't mind dirtying). Making pottery is messy business.
- A towel you don't mind dirtying (if you plan to throw).
- Pottery-Making Tools (8-piece sets are available for purchase at your first class for $15.)
- If you have it, the studio is always in need of dry cleaner's clothing plastic covers. We wrap our drying projects in plastic. If you don't have this DON'T WORRY. We will have some on hand for you.