Now Registering for our SPRING 2023 10-Week Class Term Which Begins April 4th!
*Space is limited, early registration recommended.
- Cost is $500
- Register online via Class Payment page, click on enroll buttom at page bottom, or call the studio
- Meets weekly for 10 weeks for 2 1/2 hours each class (last class of term is 6/8).
- Missed classes may be made up WITHIN the term (must arrange w/teacher).
NO EXCEPTIONS. NO REFUNDS after class begins.
- Cost includes instruction, glazes, washes, slip**
- Purchase clay by the bag
- Firing fees are 6-cents/cubic inch ($25 minimum)
- Bring your own tools OR purchase a basic set at the studio for $15
- Wear appropriate clothing, bring apron. Clay is messy!
- Bring a TOWEL to every class session, please!!!
Wheel Throwing and Hand-building (all levels)
Working with clay offers an endless range of possibilities. Learn wheel throwing and handbuilding in our classes. Students create simple and complex ceramic forms, including pinch, slab, coil, sculpting/modeling. Various throwing projects, glazing and surface techniques will be explored. Students will learn to use studio equipment including the slab roller, extruder and wheel to make mugs, bowls, plates, teapots and more! A small group size ensures individual guidance.
- Tuesdays, 12-2:30pm (handbuilding & pottery wheel) - 4/4-6/6
- Tuesdays, 6-8:30pm (handbuilding & pottery wheel) - 4/4-6/6
- Wednesdays, 11am-1:30pm (handbuilding & pottery wheel) - 4/5-6/7
- Wednesdays, 6:30-9pm (pottery wheel & handbuilding) - 4/5-6/7
- Thursdays, 6:30-9pm (pottery wheel & handbuilding) - 4/6-6/8
When registering for a pottery class, please choose the class day and time that best fits your schedule for the entire session. During the check out process you are also required to choose a 2nd day/time option. *We will be adding classes to our schedule as the studio grows, so please check back often.
*Studio class shelf storage is available for projects only, not for towels, tools, clothing or other personal items. Space is at a premium.
Current firing fees for enrolled adult students are 6-cents/cubic inch ($25 minimum) and cover bisque AND glaze firing. In addition to glazes, a selection of oxide and mason stain washes, and several slips are available.
For all classes, please make sure to bring:
- An apron (or wear clothing you don't mind dirtying). Making pottery is messy business.
- A towel you don't mind dirtying.
- Pottery-Making Tools (8-piece sets are available for purchase at your first class for $15.)
- If you have it, the studio is always in need of dry cleaner's clothing plastic covers. We wrap our drying projects in plastic. If you don't have this DON'T WORRY. We will have some on hand for you.